Very cool website, Nichole. The poems and song lyrics are great. Keep up the good work.
Frank K. (from Jesse’s open mic :^)
Thank you Frank. I appreciate you taking a look and I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Sing, sing, sing,
It’s a drama thing.
I moan, I wail,
“I’m so weak, so frail”
As my heart sets sail,
As though I was not moored in betrayal.
By the way … I wanted to challenge myself so I took one of your song lyrics (the one entitled “Quiet Desperation”) and created a song from it for solo vocal/guitar. It was harder than I thought as I usually think up a melody before coming up with lyrics. I don’t know if it’s up to the standards of Jesse’s open mic or not (they get a lot of talented singer/songwriters playing there after all – which is why I play Beatles/U2 covers…), but I may try it out there at some point, but only if it’s OK to use your lyrics.
I had a melody in mind when I wrote that. I’m interested to hear your interpretation. Please feel free to go ahead and give it a try.
Comments are closed.
Be Aware - Be Mindful - Be Heartfelt
THE DEFINITION OF TRUTH
There are several options here for you to choose from(you may select one or more of the following):
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
8. ( often initial capital letter ) ideal or fundamental reality apart from and transcending perceived experience: the basic truths of life.
9. agreement with a standard or original.
10. accuracy, as of position or adjustment.
11. Archaic . fidelity or constancy.